Thursday, September 13, 2012

The Moody Blues - "The Voice" (#35 of 1981)

1981's Long Distance Voyager is by far one of my favorite albums, ever.  Like E.L.O., The Moody Blues is a consummate progressive rock band.  For me, the music and lyrics of "The Voice" is transcendant.
 
"Cause out on the ocean of life my love.
There's so many storms we must rise above.
Can you hear the spirit calling, as it's carried across the waves?
You're already falling it's calling you back to face the music.
And the song that is coming through.
You're already falling the one that it's calling is you."
 
Not really known for their music videos, The Moody Blues did do a couple of good ones for 1986's The Other Side of Life.  And, 1973's "I'm Just a Singer (in a Rock and Roll Band)" did feature a basic studio performance video.  There is no video for this song, but I've included a fan video that incorporates some decent images.
 
 

My Personal Chart Data:

Debuted: August 16th, 1981


Peak Position: #4 (September 6th & 13th, 1981)

Number of Weeks:  10

No comments:

Post a Comment